This position combines part-time business office management and weekend client event management functions into one full-time employment position with the North Carolina Center for Automotive Research, Inc., a 501(c)(3) corporation.
As Business Coordinator the individual in this position is responsible for managing the day to day flow of business transactions and associated records for the North Carolina Center for Automotive Research (NCCAR). This includes supporting NCCAR operations in organizing and managing the corporation’s business activity and records including review of client reservations, contracts and invoices; and reconciliation of invoices and payments for both accounts receivable and payable. Work involves maintaining highly accurate records, organizing and coordinating business operations and procedures in order to ensure organizational effectiveness and efficiency.
As Event Coordinator the individual in this position is responsible for supervising and coordinating client weekend event activity on the NCCAR campus. This includes supervising the work of other event staff; coordinating event and other on-campus activity with client representatives; developing event records and reports. Work involves maintaining highly accurate records, organizing and coordinating event activities in order to provide for efficient and effective support for client events, and, to the greatest extent practical, ensure safety of all staff, participants and guests. Education/Experience: Graduation from high school is required. A bachelor’s degree in business administration or management is highly preferred. Candidates without a bachelor’s degree must demonstrate three or more years progressively responsible experience in business management and record keeping.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Coordinates and maintains records of business activity by organizing business operations and procedures; originating, receiving and organizing records of client activity; monitoring and processing accounts payable and receivable; monitoring expenditures consistent with approved budget allocations; and other related functions.
- Ensures filing systems and records are accurate, secure, well-maintained and up to date. Maintains security and confidentiality of all information and records. Compiles and prepares data/reports related to business functions
- Coordinate business management functions with other employees of the corporation, clients, vendors and others as necessary and appropriate. Implements approved business management policies; recommends process improvements.to strengthen internal financial controls consistent with policy, best management practices and regulatory requirements.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed. Cooperates with other employees and management in achieving common objectives.
- Coordinates and provides supervision of weekend client events. including supervision of other NCCAR event staff. Interacts with clients and event participants to promote an enjoyable, safe and productive client experience at NCCAR.
- Supervises other NCCAR event staff, records and submits time sheets for event personnel.
- Receives, reconciles and secures payments for event invoices and retail sales receipts./li>
- Prepares invoices and deposits as appropriate consistent with established policy.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Preferred candidates should be able to exhibit the following:
- Knowledge of effective and efficient business administration practices and systems
- Ability to maintain a high degree of accuracy in preparing, recording and reporting. business data and other related information.
- Skill in effectively communicating in oral and written form to and with diverse individuals and groups.
- Ability to effectively supervise others; maintain a productive, safe and congenial work environment; and consistently perform professionally in occasionally stressful circumstances.
Preferred candidates should also possess the following skills
- Effective interpersonal and organizational skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Effective verbal and written communications skills.
- Attention to detail with consistently highly levels of accuracy
- Computer skills including spreadsheet and word processing programs, and e-mail at a highly proficient level
This individual in this position will operate in a professional environment, both indoor and outdoor. In addition to supervisory responsibilities, the individual in this position will be responsible for performing “hands-on” tasks and labor to assist other personnel and facilitate operations. Use of standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, filing cabinets will be routine. Additionally, the on-campus use of motorized equipment including SUVs, ATVs, golf carts and other similarly sized electric vehicles will be regularly requited with occasional requirements for operating a car hauler and/or tractor. The NCCAR campus is a drug free workplace and successful candidates will be required to successfully pass a complete screen drug test.
The position requires functioning is an indoor and outdoor environment, occasionally in hot, cold or inclement weather. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and/or hear and be mobile. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. This position requires the ability to lift equipment, products and supplies of up to forty (40) pounds.
Expected Hours of Work
This a full-time employment position and the normal work week will be Thursday through Monday. During periods when weekend client activity is scheduled, hours of work will normally be 2:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Friday; 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Saturday and Sunday; 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Monday and Thursday. Work days and hours may be adjusted seasonally when few or no weekend activities are scheduled.
Residence in the area (in proximity to the NCCAR campus) is desirable as NCCAR does not provide compensation for commuting to the workplace. NCCAR offers competitive health insurance, limited employer match to a portable 401k program, paid holidays and other benefits.
How to apply
For consideration, applicants shall submit: 1) a letter of interest containing a statement of qualifications; 2) a resume detailing relevant experience consistent with the job description; 3) a list of professional references (at least five) including contact information; and, 4) a statement of salary and other compensatory benefits requirements to:
Attn. Business & Client Event Coordinator Search
Post Office Box 685
Jackson, NC 27845